What is Climara Pro® used for?
Climara Pro® contains two kinds of hormones, an estrogen and a progestin. It is used after menopause in women with an intact
- Reduce moderate to severe hot flashes
- Help reduce your chances of getting osteoporosis (thin weak bones) *If you use Climara Pro® only to prevent osteoporosis from
menopause, talk with your healthcare provider about whether a
different treatment or medicine without estrogens might be better
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- Do not use estrogens with progestins to prevent heart disease, heart attacks strokes, or dementia (decline
of brain function).
- Using estrogens with progestins may increase your chances of getting heart attacks, strokes, breast cancer, or blood clots.
- Using estrogens with progestins may increase your chance of getting dementia, based on a study of women 65 years of age or older.
- Do not use estrogen-alone to prevent heart disease, heart attacks, strokes, or dementia.
- Using estrogen-alone may increase your chance of getting cancer of the uterus (womb).
- Using estrogen-alone may increase your chances of getting strokes or blood clots.
- Using estrogen-alone may increase your chance of getting dementia, based on a study of women 65 years of age
- You and your healthcare provider should talk regularly about whether you still need treatment with the Climara Pro.
Do not use Climara Pro if you have had your uterus (womb) removed (hysterectomy). Climara Pro contains a progestin to decrease the chance of getting cancer of the uterus. If you do not have a uterus, you do not need a progestin and should not use Climara Pro.
Have unusual vaginal bleeding; currently have or have had certain cancers, such as cancer of the breast or uterus; had a stroke or heart attack; currently have or have had blood clots or liver problems; have been diagnosed with a bleeding disorder; are allergic to Climara Pro or any of its ingredients; or think you may be pregnant.
Have any unusual vaginal bleeding, have any other medical conditions, are going to have surgery or will be on bed rest, or are breastfeeding.
Serious, but less common side effects of Climara Pro include heart attack, stroke, blood clots, dementia, breast cancer, cancer of the lining of the uterus (womb), cancer of the ovary, high blood pressure, high blood sugar, gallbladder disease, liver problems, changes in your thyroid hormone levels and enlargement of benign tumors of the uterus (“fibroids”).
New breast lumps, unusual vaginal bleeding, changes in vision or speech, sudden new severe headaches and severe pains in your chest or legs with or without shortness of breath, weakness
Headache, breast pain, irregular vaginal bleeding or spotting, stomach/abdominal cramps, bloating, nausea and vomiting, hair loss, fluid retention, vaginal yeast infection and redness or irritation at the patch placement site.
These are not all the possible side effects of Climara Pro. For more information, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist. Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
Climara Pro is available by prescription only.
For important risk and use information about Climara Pro, including Boxed Warning, please see the Full Prescribing Information.
BAYER, the Bayer Cross, and Climara Pro are registered trademarks of Bayer.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2020 Bayer. All rights reserved. PP-CLI-PRO-US-0123-1